I just got a new cookbook with lots of delicious recipes, and I'm so excited to try them all out! This one I tried this morning, and it was fabulous.1 package refrigerated pizza dough
2 cups shredded green apples (about 3 large apples)
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon melted butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1/2 teaspoon milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Spray a pie plate with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough into a rectangle approximately 12 x 18 inches. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into 3-inch squares.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine the shredded apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Divide evenly by putting a spoonful on each square of pizza dough. Pinch to seal shut forming a round ball. Place balls seam-side down in pie plate.
5. Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of the dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
6. While the rolls are cooling, whisk the glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle on top of the rolls and serve.