I'm in the process of finishing my daughters room, and she needed a nice personal touch. So I bought some cardboard letters, paint and paper from Joann's. I painted the sides of the letters. Traced the letters on some paper, cut them out and glued them right on. It was quick easy, cheap, and is just what I need to finish the room. Pictures of the whole room to come!
Sunday, September 23, 2012
I inherited a little garden from one of my neighbors that was moving. It is overflowing with grape tomatoes. So I used a whole bunch in this fresh summer salad. It can be served warm, or cold. Perfect for a side dish at dinner, and for the lunch the next day!
Tortellini Garden Salad
9 oz. Refrigerated cheese tortellini, cooked
1 cup of corn
1 cup of grape tomatoes, rinsed
1/3 cups of Fat-free Italian dressing
1/8 tsp. garlic salt
1/8 tsp. onion powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook the tortellini according to the package directions. Also make sure your corn is cooked through, whether it's from corn on the cob, frozen or canned, just make sure it's cooked.
2. In a large bowl combine the tortellini, corn, tomatoes, the Italian dressing, garlic salt, onion powder and salt a pepper.
3. Stir it until it's all well combined. Serve and enjoy!
Sunday, September 16, 2012
I typically like to eat good, healthy food. But there is a time and a place to eat really yummy, tasty, and sweet goodies. Football games are definitely one of those times. This is a quick and easy recipe. But is the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
White Chocolate Popcorn
3 bags - Butter Popcorn (popped)
1 12 oz. bag - white chocolate chips
1 medium bag - peanut butter M&M's
1. Pop your popcorn and take out all of the kernels, at least find as many as you can. Place in large bowl.
2. Melt your white chocolate. Put the whole bag in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute on high. Take out and stir. Heat for 15 seconds. Stir. Heat for 15 more seconds if you need to.
3. Slowly stir in your white chocolate until well combined.
4. Stir in the M&M's.
5. Place on a baking sheet to help the chocolate cool and harden.
Thursday, September 13, 2012
I have missed posting on this blog! It's been a crazy month, from Disneyland, to boot sales picking up, to moving back into our home!
I am determined to make our home the happiest and most peaceful place for my family to be. I am starting room by room, and it's coming together a little at a time. I first started with our half bath on the main floor. I wanted to add a little pop, and so big wide stripes it was. The walls were already a pretty beige color, so I just used the semi-gloss white paint we used for the trim of the house to do the walls. I was so glad I did the semi-gloss, I like the detail of the two finishes (semi-gloss vs. satin).
Then I've also been diligently working on putting our dining area together, and I think I'm finally there: