Monday, May 16, 2011

Blankie

I found myself hours before a baby shower - with no gift! So I made do with what I had and came up with this fun little blanket. I had 1/2 yard of some super soft yellow fleece, and 1-1/2 yards of this little monkey baby fleece. So I cut 1 yard of the monkey for the back, then 6 inch strips of the other 1/2 yard of monkey and of the yellow. 
Sew all of the strips together with the seams hiding underneath. 
Sew the strips to the monkey fabric with the 'pretty' sides facing each other.  
Do not sew the entire blanket shut. Keep a 10 inch opening to turn the blanket inside out.  
After turning it inside out, sew it shut by turning down the edges - continue to sew a 1/4 inch seam around the edge. I also randomly did a few stitches throughout the body of the blanket to keep it from separating. A cute little warm blanket. It was a hit at the baby shower and the mama loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment