Monday, March 4, 2013

Spring Wreath

It's March, and my front door still had my big red wreath from Christmas, needless to say our Christmas lights are still up too, but it's still freezing outside!! But I was in major need of some bright happy colors on my front door. So I went to JoAnn's, and was able to get the wreath and some flowers for under $15. 

I already had some wire and a hot glue gun. I thought I was going to use the burlap to do a bow, so it was here in the beginning, but didn't look right so I did without.  Here are my supplies.


I clipped all of the stems off of the flowers. So they were ready to be put right on the wreath. 


Then I just laid everything on top of the wreath to get an idea of how I wanted it to look in the end.  


I started with the yellow and tied each piece on with some wire. I tied each piece on twice, once at each end, to make sure it doesn't shift being on an outside door. 



Then I tied on the green flowers, and left room for the white flower right on top in the middle. I then took my hot glue gun and went around and tacked on the flowers so they will stay in place. Then, voila! All done. Hung in it up, and it makes me so happy every time I drive in and see it. Bring it one SPRING!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love it!!!! Now i need to go make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I need to update our "spring" wreath and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete