I made this salad for a party a few weeks ago, and people were basically licking their plates. It makes me never want to eat a salad unless it's chopped. You have a little something in every bite.
Chopped Steak Taco Salad
1 or 2 flank steaks
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup lime juice (juice of 2 limes)
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 large romaine lettuce, rinsed and chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 can of corn, rinsed
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 cup ranch dressing
2 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Put the steaks into a gallon-sized bag. Pour the marinade over the steak, completely cover. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Place the steak on a greased baking sheet. Place in the oven and broil for 5 minutes on each side. If it is too pink for you, broil for a few more minutes. Cut in small pieces.
3. While the steak is cooking you can start chopping all of the salad ingredients. In a large bowl put in the chopped romaine lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped green pepper, black beans, corn, chopped avocado and chopped cilantro. Mix all of the ingredients together.
4. Add the steak to the salad.
5. Combine the ranch dressing and the taco seasoning in a small bowl. Pour over the salad and toss until completely covered. Refrigerate until served. Because of the avocados and the salad is dressed, use within 24 hours. Enjoy!!