Photo from skinnytaste.com
I made a few changes so my little munchkin would eat it. It was a hit. It was creamy, light, and oh so tasty.
Light Cajun Chicken Pasta
8 oz. whole wheat linguine
1 large chicken breast
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 yellow pepper
1/2 red pepper
1/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. cream cheese
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the linguine according to package directions.
2. Cut chicken breast into stripes. Also chop the peppers in stripes.
3. In a non-stick skillet, add the olive oil. On medium heat, place the chicken in the skillet. Also add the Cajun seasoning. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
4. Place the peppers in the same skillet (there should still be some of the oil and seasoning). Saute for about 3-4 minutes until soft but still crisp.
5. Blend the milk, flour and cream cheese until smooth. Add to the skillet.
6. Add the chicken back into the skillet. Cook until the sauce begins to boil. Then add the chicken broth.
7. Let it simmer for a few minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken. Add the noodles.
8. Have it sit for a few minutes to cool and thicken.