Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Homemade Guacamole



The last few times my whole family has gotten together everyone requests my sister-in-laws fabulous homemade guacamole. My husband, for one, is obsessed. So I had to get my hands on this tasty tasty recipe. 

Homemade Guacamole
3-4 avocados
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1/2 bunch of cilantro, chopped
The juice of 2 limes
1 glove of garlic, minced
1/2 of a jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, finely chopped
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Put all of the ingredients in a large bowl, using a masher, mix and mash until the avocados have small chunks not completely smooth. Refrigerate until served. 

We like to eat it with the Tostito's 'Hint of Lime' chips. I was lucky to get a picture, it was almost gone before I remembered. It's also great served with these honey-lime chicken enchiladas.



No comments:

Post a Comment