Monday, November 5, 2012

Avalanche Bark


I got this recipe from a friend at a church activity, and there is no going back. I brought some home to my husband, and after 3 long days of resisting the temptation to make some, I finally gave in. 

Avalanche Bark
1.5 lbs of melting white chocolate
1-1/2 cups peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies
5 cups of marshmallows
1-1/2 cups of chopped chocolate chips

1. Grease a baking sheet and set aside. Also make room in your refrigerator for the baking sheet.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, put in you white chocolate. Put the bowl in the microwave for 1 minutes on high. Take out and stir. Put back in for 30 seconds on high. Stir. Put in for 15 more seconds on high and then stir until the chocolate is completely melted and no more lumps remain. 



3. Stir in the peanut butter. Mix until the peanut butter is completely combined. Since the white chocolate is still hot it should mix pretty well. 

4. In a large bowl pour in the Rice Krispies. Slowly stir in the melted white chocolate and peanut butter mixture. 

5. Let it cool for a few minutes. Then stir in the marshmallows. 


6. Mix in your chopped up chocolate chips. Pour and spread out on your greased baking sheet. Put in the refrigerator for at least an hour to harden. 


7. After it has hardened in the fridge, break it up into small chunks and serve! 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooh my goodness...this looks so tasty...holy cow

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and I decided we must try this. I mean it would be wrong of us not to...

    ReplyDelete