Quick. Easy. Washable. Cheap. This pillow is so easy, I made about 4 in an hour! It's so nice too because you can slip it off and wash it, and if you're a mom with young kiddos that is a must!
I bought THIS pillow at Joann's with a 50% off coupon. Then I got THIS fabric on sale for only $6.74 a yard.
2/3 of a yard (19.5 inches actually) 45" wide fabric
1 Pillow form - 18 x 18 inches
Rotary cutter and mat (unless you can cut super straight on your own - which I can't!)
1. Cut your fabric: 45" x 19.5"
2. Finish both of the ends that are only 19.5". To do this I folded the end over twice about a 1/2" and sewed two seams to give it a nice finished look.
3. Lay the pillow flat, with the right side of the fabric facing up. Fold over one edge, and the other so that they over lap about 6". Pin where the two edges meet on one side.
4. Remove the pillow. Measure exactly how many inches from the end folded under to the other end folded over. Should be about 6". Now measure the other side to make sure they are exactly the same distance.
5. Pin both side in place.
6. Sew right along the edges, with about a 1/2" seam allowance. One I sewed each side, I went back and did a zig zag along the edge to keep from fraying. (Even though you won't be able to see the inside, I want to keep the threads from fraying when I remove the cover to wash it).
7. Turn inside out.
8. Stuff your pillow inside and enjoy!