Thursday, July 12, 2012
A sweet, satisfying, no flour, no added sugar, no eggs, chewy, and yummy. All wonderful things. The thing that got me excited about this recipe I found here, is the many possibilities! I think next time I might add some cocoa powder for chocolate cookies, or peanut butter. Less than 100 calories for each cookie.
1-1/2 cups rolled oats
2 ripe bananas, mashed until creamy
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup Craisins and/or raisins
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mash bananas until creamy and no chunks.
3. Add the oats, applesauce, Craisins, chopped walnuts, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir just until combined.
4. Plop a spoonful onto a greased cookie sheet. Should make about 12.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes. They're good warm, but I actually liked them better after they sat for a few hours , cooled down, and let the flavors are settle in with each other.