I have been wanting to try making the chicken lettuce wraps from like what they serve at P.F. Chang's, but I've been a little hesitant due to the amount of ingredients. But after looking through my pantry I had almost everything anyway. I based my recipe off of a recipe that I found here.
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
1-1/2 lb. chicken breast (2 large chicken breasts), chopped in small pieces
1/3 cup onion, chopped
Salt & Pepper
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
2-1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. natural peanut butter
1/2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tsp. chili garlic sauce
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 of an 8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
10-12 outer iceberg lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
1. In a large non-stick skillet combine the chicken, onions and salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is almost no longer pink.
2. Add in the minced garlic and ginger and cook until the chicken is done - no more pink.
3. In a separate, small bowl, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, water, peanut butter, honey, rice vinegar, and chili garlic sauce. Put in the microwave for about 20 seconds, then whisk until completely smooth and combined.
4. Add the sauce to the chicken. Also add in the green onions and water chestnuts. Cook for about 1-2 minutes until the chestnuts and green onions soften.
5. Sprinkle the chopped peanuts on top. Serve with cold lettuce leaves. Help yourself! It's a low-calorie meal with tons of taste.