Monday, February 6, 2012

Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas

*Photo courtesy of Natalie DeMill
* Recipe from Keeping Up Cookbook

You need to make these. So much flavor - sweet, but a little spicy. Seriously the best homemade Mexican food I've had in quite some time. I can't wait to make them again! I got this recipe from my husbands cousins' blog Boy Cheese Sandwich. They have some of the yummiest recipes. The only thing I would do different next time to this recipe is cook the enchiladas for about 15 minutes, and then pour the sauce over them, that way the tortillas will crunch up a bit and not be as soggy. Regardless, the were delicious! I also made them with this Cowboy Caviar.

1/2 c. honey
1/4 c. lime juice (I used 2 fresh limes)
1 Tbs. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 lbs. chicken, cooked and shredded

Stir together honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder until combined. Add chicken and marinate at least 30 minutes (I usually do longer).

2 (10 oz,) cans green enchilada sauce
1 c. half & half (I found some half & half that was fat-free!)
flour tortillas
shredded colby jack cheese (or monterey/colby mix)

Mix enchilada sauce with half & half. Spread roughly 3/4 c. of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 dish. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture and shredded cheese, roll-up, then place side by side in dish. Pour remaining sauce on and top with more cheese. Bake at 350° F. for 25-30 minutes.


1 comment:

  1. I can confirm that these are SO DELICIOUS! Definitely making them sooon!

    ReplyDelete