Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hair Clippies

My daughters hair is getting long enough in front that it keeps falling into her eyes. I don't want to cut her hair and make her keep the bangs, so I'm trying to let it all grow out with the rest of her hair. But in the meantime, we'll be needing lots of good clippies to keep that hair back. Here's what I've come up with so far:

Take your average little metal clip. Cut out two pieces of felt just big enough to cover the top-bigger part of the clip. Put hot glue on one side of the felt, put it in the clip, with the glue facing up (towards the bigger side of the clip), put the other piece of felt over it and press them together.  

I cut out 4 pieces of felt for my flower. They gradually decrease in size. I gave one piece a few more petals for some added dimension. 
Stack one on top of the other, while gluing them together inbetween with a hot glue gun.  
I then glued on your clip with the felt on it. For a bit of added security I added another piece of felt that is glued onto the clip and to the flower to help keep it in place.
As you can see in this picture, I also took a sewing needle and hand-stitched around the edge to secure the pieces of felt a little bit better.  
Tacked on a few little pearly beads, and "Ta-da!" 
My little girl is obsessed with goldfish (well she loves to eat the goldfish crackers). So I decided to make her a little goldfish clippie! The trick will be to put it in her hair before she sees it so she won't eat it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment