4 Chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour
1 cup of fresh bread crumbs
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
4 slices of Mozzarella
12 oz. of uncooked pasta
1. Pour the oil in a saute pan and turn to medium heat. While the oil is heating through prepare the chicken breasts. Also, preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Dip each chicken breast in the flour, pat off excess. Dip in the beaten eggs. Cover in fresh bread crumbs (take a slice of whole wheat bread and use a cheese grater to get your fresh crumbs).
3. Softly lay the chicken breast in the hot oil. It shouldn't be hot enough to "spit" back at you. Let your bread crumbs brown and your chicken begin to cook. Turn after 3-4 minutes, and let the other side brown for another 3-4 minutes. Once your chicken has browned let it rest for a minute on a paper towel to soak up some of the oil.
4. Pour the pasta sauce into a greased baking dish. Lay your browned breaded chicken breasts in your baking dish.
5. Bake for 20-23 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, cook your pasta.
6. Pull out the dish and place a slice of Mozzarella on each piece of chicken. Place back in oven and let it cook for another 5-7 minutes.
7. Serve your chicken on top of your pasta with any excess pasta sauce.
It's a delicious meal, and one of my husbands favorite!