Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Looking for a simple and simply delicious meal for the fam!? Well this is my mother-in-law's recipe that I have grown to love - especially since my husband and daughter love it so much!
8-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 (26 oz.) can of your favorite pasta sauce (Ragu)
1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 (16 oz.) carton of cottage cheese
1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Cook the noodles according to package directions.
2. Cook the ground beef until it is completely cooked and no longer pink. Add the jar of sauce, and heat through.
3. In a small bowl combine the cottage cheese and Parmesan.
4. In a 9 x 13 greased dish put a layer of noodles (slightly overlapping), a layer of the cheese mixture, and a layer of the meat mixture. Repeat layers. Top with Mozzarella.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until the cheese begins to turn a golden brown and the edges start bubbling.
6. Let it sit for up to 10 minutes, to cool down, and to keep it from being too runny.
(You can also freeze the lasagna before you cook it. Just cover with tin foil and mark the directions. The day you want to eat it, let it thaw in the refrigerator and bake according to directions.)