Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tomato Tortellini Soup

Photo courtesy of Taste of Home

I realized that I had pinned this same recipe twice from two different sources on pinterest, so I must have thought it sounded good. And it was so delicious. This is definitely a soup I will make again. I made a few changes to get rid of some of the fat, and make it a little more hearty by adding some chicken. Recipe source Taste of Home.

Tomato Tortellini Soup 
1 pkg. (9 oz.) cheese tortellini
2 cans (10.75 oz. each) condensed tomato soup
2 cups chicken broth
2 cups skim milk
2 cups fat-free half and half
1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 cups Rotisserie chicken

1. Cook the tortellini according to package directions
2. In a Dutch Oven combine the soup, broth, milk, half and half, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through but do not let it come to a full boil. 
3. Drain the tortellini and add to the soup. Stir in cheese and serve!

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad I found this! I've been needing some new dinner ideas and those all look soooo yummy. Plus, will you invite me to your private blog? I'm missing out on what's happening with you. : )

    ReplyDelete